|Born||February 25, 1979 (1979-02-25) (age 31),
Barrie, ON, CAN
|6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
206 lb (93 kg; 14 st 10 lb)
Joseph DiPenta (born February 25, 1979 in Barrie, Ontario) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League.
DiPenta was drafted 61st overall by the Florida Panthers in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft. DiPenta grew up in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. Former teams include the Halifax Mooseheads, Boston University, Philadelphia Phantoms, Chicago Wolves, Atlanta Thrashers, Manitoba Moose and Anaheim Ducks.
He won the Stanley Cup in 2007 with the Anaheim Ducks. In the 2008-09 season, DiPenta signed a one-year contract with Frölunda HC of Elitserien.
On July 11, 2009, DiPenta returned to the NHL signing a one-year contract with the Buffalo Sabres.
|2005–06||Mighty Ducks of Anaheim||NHL||72||2||6||8||46||16||0||0||0||13|
- June 27, 1998 — Drafted by the Florida Panthers in the 3rd round, 61st overall.
- July 12, 2000 — Signed by the Philadelphia Flyers as a free agent.
- March 5, 2002 — Traded to the Atlanta Thrashers for Jarrod Skalde.
- August 19, 2004 — Signed by the Vancouver Canucks as a free agent.
- August 11, 2005 — Signed by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim as a free agent.
- August 14, 2007 — Re-signed by the Anaheim Ducks as a free agent to a one year contract.
- July 15, 2008 — Signed by Frölunda HC as a free agent.
- July 11, 2009 — Signed by the Buffalo Sabres as a free agent.